3.28.2010

Smokin’ in the Square BBQ Cookoff 2010

March 5-6 was the Smokin’ in the Square BBQ Cookoff. It was a competition. I was totally confused about it all. As it turns out, we couldn't actually eat a meal from the competitors. You could buy a ticket and stand in each booth's (long) line to get a little cup of their BBQ. I personally didn't have the patience. And I was hungry. I did discover that that there was two vendors that actually sold meals. Next year they said they would have more places to actually buy a dinner. I stood in my line for an hour. At least. But, the wait was TOTALLY worth it. I got a rack of ribs that almost made me swoon thanks to Arlene William's Barbcue.



_-7
This sweet man made the ribs that made my day.





We met John Hart Ellis of BrewHart BBQ. He was a nice guy that loved to BBQ. Unfortunately I did not get to sample his. But, the God's were smiling on me, because I was able to get a bowl of his wonderful peach cobbler that was made completely in a huge cast iron pot over a fire/with ashes. I don't know how. It was cobbler magic. And I can, without hesitation, say it was GOOD!!



_-4
This is John
All the competitors had these elaborate RV set ups. Not John. He camped by his huge BBQ smoker and had this little campfire.



_-3
John's campsite



_-2
I loved his barrel fire...



_-5
John and his Captain, Jason Brewer



_-6
Part of an elaborate setup



"A little Butt Rub makes everything better"
A little Butt Rub makes everything better


It was a nice day in the park. A little cool, but in the sun it was wonderful. Will I go back next year. You betcha'.

0 comments:

Post a Comment



Related Posts with Thumbnails
anniebluesky.•*♥. Get yours at bighugelabs.com

photography

Below is a list of photography resources broken up into assorted categories.


Subscribe to
SeaSide Sharon
Then Florida is at your fingertips.

Search This Blog

Followers

Archive

Sounds of the Ocean

Randomness

www.flickr.com

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP