3.18.2010

East Hill {Part 1 of 5}

East Hill. My neighborhood. I feel such a kinship with this area. It is old and new all at once. It reminds me of many places I lived as a child. East Hill feels lived in. It is so hard for me to describe. Many houses date back to the early 1900's. Some are brand new. Most are in some state of renovation. The yards are full of beautiful landscaping. Trees that have been here forever. It is hard for me to put into words. So I will take photos.

Here is my first set. Last week I had a little surgery, and the doctor told me to walk. So, one morning, I donned my post-surgery loose fitting clothes, comfy shoes and started out with my camera.

The following images are in order of the walk, with the exception of the first one. I feel like it sort of gives me a starting point for this (ongoing) series. It is a door. No walls. A door. Behind the door is a sweet little garden. But it really captures the artsy, do-what-you-want feeling of this wonderful area.

"They say there is a doorway from heart to heart, but what is the use of a door when there are no walls?"
¸.•*´¨`♥ Mawlana Jalal-al-Din Rumi




White flower
at the base of a tree in my own yard




Trillum
capturing the spring spirit




Vine covered garage
close to home



Window
in vines



{Continue to part 2...}

1 comments:

VanessaDJones Tuesday, March 23, 2010  

Hi Sharon,

Your photography is amazing as usual. I chose your blog to pass on the Kreativ Blogger award. You can check my site for details. Of course you don't have to. It was passed to me. I'm passing it on....

Post a Comment



Related Posts with Thumbnails
anniebluesky.•*♥. Get yours at bighugelabs.com

photography

Below is a list of photography resources broken up into assorted categories.


Subscribe to
SeaSide Sharon
Then Florida is at your fingertips.

Search This Blog

Followers

Archive

Sounds of the Ocean

Randomness

www.flickr.com

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP