9.04.2009

Totally Rad

I love the whole process of photography. From the click of the shutter to putting the finishing touches on an image. I'm digital and happily so.

Does that mean I can't use a darkroom? Somewhat I suppose. My darkroom is in my computer. It is called Photoshop and that is where I can turn a ho-hum image into something that will knock your socks off.

Like anything else, Photoshop has tools. One of my most favorite tools in Photoshop is actions. Actions allow me to take rather blah, hazy image like this:

SOOC
That's photog talk for "straight out of the camera"

sooc


To this with one click of the mouse...subtle changes, a punch of color, sharpened a bit. It's just what many images need. A little boost with "Boutwell's Magic Glasses":

With one action
Totally Rad Action Boutwell's Magic Glasses

bbg


Or, if I'm feeling particularly artsy, I may go even further with one more action:

Let's hear it for artsy
Totally Rad Action Troy

troy


I know by know you are scratching your head and wondering what this "Totally Rad" stuff is. Well, it is a magical place that has magical actions for photographs. That's where I got the actions I used to edit these photos.



Now I want to make dirty pictures. And Totally Rad will help. No. Not those kind of dirty pictures. Shame on you. These 'dirty' pictures have beautiful textures layered over them so they take on a whole new quality. The twist here is they have automated it somewhat. Adding textures to images is a messy business in my opinion. But with their little dirty picture program for Photoshop, it cleans it right up. Oxymoron...no?

Guess I'll be saving my pennies.

2 comments:

Keri Ann Saturday, September 05, 2009  

HI! thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment on my blog. I totally have totally rad action envy...because of my frugality and inability to spend money on my self I have photoshop elements!!! can you beleive it. So I do not use any actions. Everything I do I do myself. But someday (soon) I will be getting cs3 and some totally Rad Actions to go with it, cause I truly heart them. oh! luv your pics by the way.

Cindy Saturday, September 05, 2009  

Beautiful photo. I love the processed version. Very nice. I hate to say it, but I don't have any version of Photoshop. Not now anyway. Maybe one day soon. Love your blog. Have a great Sunday.

Post a Comment



Related Posts with Thumbnails
anniebluesky.•*♥. Get yours at bighugelabs.com

photography

Below is a list of photography resources broken up into assorted categories.


Subscribe to
SeaSide Sharon
Then Florida is at your fingertips.

Search This Blog

Followers

Archive

Sounds of the Ocean

Randomness

www.flickr.com

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP