9.19.2009

Tribute to the Pensacola Beach Sign {Part 1 of 2}

What do I do when D is in school? Besides get in trouble? I grab my camera and go. This time on foot right up the road. I wanted a up close and personal view of the famous Pensacola Beach sign. I went right before sunset. And I was a bit disappointed when I got there and the sign wasn't lit up. So, I wandered into the bushes at the base, took some photos and then settled down on the grass directly in front of the sign. Then, all of a sudden, it was like the heaven's opened up and showered goodness upon me. I heard clicking and creaking like the sign was alive, then I heard buzzing...like a million bees circling overhead...and the sign was lit. Just for me :-)

Since I couldn't decide which one I liked best, I'm putting most of them up. You can decide for yourself.

Sparkly
Black & White

b&w kevin's secret formula sign by you.



"On vacations: We hit the sunny beaches where we occupy ourselves keeping the sun off our skin, the saltwater off our bodies, and the sand out of our belongings."
¸.•*´¨`♥ Erma Bombeck




Wandered behind it...
...trying to figure out how to turn this thing on

tr old skool back of sign by you.



Looking up
massive

tra claire-ify, wish you were here, P.O.S. lens sign by you.


"The leaves of memory seemed to make A mournful rustling in the dark."
¸.•*´¨`♥ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow



{Continue to part 2...}

2 comments:

What Marty Sees Tuesday, September 22, 2009  

Number two gets my vote...the color and tone reflect all my childhood memories of seeing the sign and knowing we were so close to our destination :-)

Gusmão Wednesday, September 23, 2009  

Number 3... Wandered behind it. I like the non-colors and the different perspective from it

Post a Comment



Related Posts with Thumbnails
anniebluesky.•*♥. Get yours at bighugelabs.com

photography

Below is a list of photography resources broken up into assorted categories.


Subscribe to
SeaSide Sharon
Then Florida is at your fingertips.

Search This Blog

Followers

Archive

Sounds of the Ocean

Randomness

www.flickr.com

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP