We stopped at Robbie's Marina on the way. It was huge fun! If you aren't a fan of fish, move on. There are lots of fish pictures in this post. And those suckers are huge!!!!
How to Feed the Tarpon at Robbie's Marina in the Florida Keys. The following is from ehow:
One of the classic Florida Keys experiences is feeding the tarpon at Robbie's Marina. Follow these steps you can spend a little time experiencing some of the best kitsch the islands have to offer.
1. Travel to Mile Marker 77.5 on Lower Matecumbe Key.
2. Enter the marina' s parking lot and park behind the Hungry Tarpon restaurant.
3. Enter the wooden building behind the Hungry Tarpon and pay the cashier $3 for a small, blue plastic bucket of dead fish.
4. Walk out to the dock and marvel at the size of the tarpon. There a times when over a hundred of the fish can be seen hanging out under the docks.
5. Pick up a fish and drop it in the water. Better yet, take a fish, kneel down and let a tarpon suck the fish right out of your hand!
|"...and jacks, who are possibly the queen's younger, more attractive boyfriends."|
¸.•*´¨`♥ Lemony Snicket