10.07.2010

The Keys::Day 2::Time to be a tourist

After a pretty rough night, I was surprised to even wake up the next morning. Let alone feel like going out. So, in true Key West style, I walked to the little Cuban cafe next to our hotel in my jammies, and got the most heavenly beverage known to man...Cafe con Leche. I know it is coffee with milk, but they make it entirely different. So it is NOT just coffee with milk. I do have a picture of this little cafe which I'll post later.

After the coffee did it's magic, we were off. High on our list was to visit Ernest Hemingway's house. The outside was fascinating. White with green trim. Tall arched windows with beautiful creamy yellow shutters.


"The sun came through the shuttered balcony and the coral of life opened its branches... "
"The sun came through the shuttered balcony and the coral of life opened its branches... "
¸.•*´¨`♥ Federico GarcĂ­a Lorca



Hemingway had cats. Not just any cats, but six toed cats. He thought it was good luck. I believe this one is Marlene Dietrich. They were all named after celebrities.


""



"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea."
"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea."
¸.•*´¨`♥ Robert A. Heinlein



On the grounds was the little cat cemetery. I have a black and white photo which I really love, but I'm showing the color one here because I also like the little red berries. So if you want to see the black & white one, just click on that link.


""



""
I wonder how many times Hemingway walked these stairs...



I was actually in the studio where he wrote his novels. It was a moment.


""



""



"A room without books is like a body without a soul."
"A room without books is like a body without a soul."
¸.•*´¨`♥ Marcus Tullius Cicero



"Yes, when I get big and have my own home, no plush chairs and lace curtains for me."
"Yes, when I get big and have my own home, no plush chairs and lace curtains for me."
¸.•*´¨`♥ Betty Smith

0 comments:

Post a Comment



Related Posts with Thumbnails
anniebluesky.•*♥. Get yours at bighugelabs.com

photography

Below is a list of photography resources broken up into assorted categories.


Subscribe to
SeaSide Sharon
Then Florida is at your fingertips.

Search This Blog

Followers

Archive

Sounds of the Ocean

Randomness

www.flickr.com

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP