10.09.2010

The Keys::Day 2::Turtle Kraal

We really enjoyed our tour of the Hemingway House. After I had my fill of soaking up the atmosphere there, we met up with our friends and started a walk that eventually ended up at Turtle Kraal, a little cafe/bar on the water somewhere in Key West. I just know we walked a long time in very hot humid weather. And I loved every minute of it.


"It is hard to forget, I said, when there is such an empty space when you are gone."
"It is hard to forget, I said, when there is such an empty space when you are gone."
¸.•*´¨`♥ StoryPeople




"...love the smell and feel of the taverns. I miss dirty jokes and the click of pool balls in the background, and that kind of bluish, under lit glow of a bar at night."
"...love the smell and feel of the taverns. I miss dirty jokes and the click of pool balls in the background, and that kind of bluish, under lit glow of a bar at night."
¸.•*´¨`♥ Bill Bryson (A Walk in the Woods: Rediscovering America on the Appalachian Trail)



""



""



After we ate lunch, we walked outside and up the stairs. This little sign was at the top of the stairs...


""



On the roof top we were able to see a beautiful view. (Thanks to Matt getting us up there!)


"Friends are supposed to act like harbor boats—let you know if you’re off course. "



""







""



"Downtown. Lights on buildings and everything that makes you wonder."
"Downtown. Lights on buildings and everything that makes you wonder."
¸.•*´¨`♥ Stephen Chbosky (The Perks of Being a Wallflower)



""



""



Have you ever seen a sponge monster? Well, take a look at this...(not the best photo, but he was wiley)...


""



""



Much like this old truck, after all of the walking I was out of gas. I think we went back to the hotel and swam and got in the hot tub for awhile to regenerate ourselves.

1 comments:

hillgrandmom Monday, October 11, 2010  

I know if I ever get to visit the parts of your Florida, they will all seem so familiar. I love your photographs.

Post a Comment



Related Posts with Thumbnails
anniebluesky.•*♥. Get yours at bighugelabs.com

photography

Below is a list of photography resources broken up into assorted categories.


Subscribe to
SeaSide Sharon
Then Florida is at your fingertips.

Search This Blog

Followers

Archive

Sounds of the Ocean

Randomness

www.flickr.com

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP