10.03.2008

I'm feeling flowery...and poetic

On a walk in St. Augustine today, I was feeling particularity flowery. All the flowers caught my eye, and I was off in ditches and, in general, free-wheeling to get my shots. I did get other shots, but my heart was with all the beautiful flowers along the way.

And if any of you are into photography, you will understand this. I had my "Nikon 85 f/1.4 AIS" mounted on my camera, and I kept it wide open. It was like I was craving bokeh. Like a man in the desert craving water. [EDIT: I had put craving salt. D said it is water. I say salt...you sweat out all of your electrolytes, and crave to replace them. But, that is neither here nor there...] So much so that I didn't get the shot that I set out for...a beautiful tree lined street that needed the whole image to be in focus. Maybe next time I will have my wits about me and do the proper camera setting to capture that street.

Just to show you what could of been, here is Magnolia Street. See how just one or two trees are in focus? That is not what I was shooting for. Live and learn. Or get over the bokeh already.

Magnolia Street
The shot I missed...Magnolia Street

If you don't feel flowery today, you may want to go clean the toilet or something not so flowery. But, if you are feeling it...read on! I'll post the flowers last...and I have some quotes to appease my poetic side. And before I go any further, don't forget to check out Sharondipity Photograpy to see some special photos I post there!

Let's start with fences. St. Augustine is hell bent on fences and walls. Not sturdy exactly. Don't know what they keep in (or out), but there are a never ending supply.

Leaning for a bit
Leaning for a bit


The wall of protection
Replica of a wall built to protect the city


Under the oak tree
Under the oak tree


Fence
Fence with vine issues


22
22


Iron slats
Iron


There were a few general shots on and close to A1A. And you know my feelings on that road! This road runs the coast line. I don't know where it starts...or where it ends, but it is one of the most scenic routes in all of Florida.

“These lovely lamps, these windows of the soul”

“These lovely lamps, these windows of the soul”
¸.•*´¨`♥ Guillaume de Salluste


Blue Wall
Blue Wall


Red Panes
Red Panes


"One cannot collect all the beautiful shells on the beach. One can collect only a few, and they are more beautiful if they are few."

"One cannot collect all the beautiful shells on the beach. One can collect only a few, and they are more beautiful if they are few."
¸.•*´¨`♥ Anne Morrow Lindbergh


Fruit Basket
St. John's River Fruit Basket


Marsh dock
Marsh Dock


19
19


"I used to believe in forever, but "forever" is too good to be true."

"I used to believe in forever, but "forever" is too good to be true.
¸.•*´¨`♥ Winnie the Pooh


Old Door
Old Door


Chevrolet
Chevrolet


"The World Would Have A Lot More Lovers Hanging On, if They Still Made '57 Chevrolets."

"The World Would Have A Lot More Lovers Hanging On,if They Still Made '57 Chevrolets."
¸.•*´¨`♥ Billy Jo Spears


"If there ever comes a day when we can't be together keep me in your heart, I'll stay there forever."

"If there ever comes a day when we can't be together keep me in your heart, I'll stay there forever.
¸.•*´¨`♥ Winnie the Pooh


Black Heart
...speaking of hearts...Black Heart


The next two are for Nikki, she get all silly over any photos with water droplets in them. Other than that, she is pretty normal...all things considered.

Splash
Splish...


Spilling over
...Splash


And she will like this one, too. Trust me.

 the Leaves
The Leaves


Door Knob
Door Knob


Kindly STOP
Kindly STOP here unless your are a flower freak :-)


“On the motionless branches of some trees, autumn berries hung like clusters of coral beads, as in those fabled orchards where the fruits were jewels . . .”

“On the motionless branches of some trees, autumn berries hung like clusters of coral beads, as in those fabled orchards where the fruits were jewels . . .”
¸.•*´¨`♥ Charles Dickens


If zebras could fly
If zebras could fly...


Happy in Red
Happy in Red


“It's a jungle out there kiddies. Have a very fruitful day.”

“It's a jungle out there kiddies. Have a very fruitful day.”
¸.•*´¨`♥ Jimmy Buffett


"A leaf fluttered in through the window this morning, as if supported by the rays of the sun, a bird settled on the fire escape, joy in the task of coffee, joy accompanied me as I walked."

A leaf fluttered in through the window this morning, as if supported by the rays of the sun, a bird settled on the fire escape, joy in the task of coffee, joy accompanied me as I walked.
¸.•*´¨`♥ Anais Nin


Hanging Geranium
Hanging Geranium


"How beautifully leaves grow old. How full of light and color are their last days."

"How beautifully leaves growold. How full of lightand color are their last days."
¸.•*´¨`♥ John Burroughs


The Nectar Gatherer
The Nectar Gatherer


“The very pink of perfection.”
“The very pink of perfection.”
¸.•*´¨`♥ Oliver Goldsmith



“Where there is much light, the shadow is deep”

“Where there is much light, the shadow is deep”
¸.•*´¨`♥ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe


"Throw your heart over the fence and the rest will follow."

"Throw your heart over the fence and the rest will follow."
¸.•*´¨`♥ Norman Vincent Peale



“Nobody sees a flower really; it is so small. We haven't time, and to see takes time - like to have a friend takes time.”

“Nobody sees a flower really; it is so small. We haven't time, and to see takes time - like to have a friend takes time.”
¸.•*´¨`♥ Georgia O'Keeffe


"I think it pisses God off if you walk by the color purple in a field somewhere and don't notice it."

"I think it pisses God off if you walk by the color purple in a field somewhere and don't notice it."
¸.•*´¨`♥ Alice Walker


Twosome
Twosome


"Shadow owes its birth to light."

"Shadow owes its birth to light."
¸.•*´¨`♥ John Gay


"But, luckily, he kept his wits and his Purple crayon."

"But, luckily, he kept his wits and his Purple crayon."
¸.•*´¨`♥ Harold and the Purple Crayon


Thanks to anyone that stuck this out and indulged my flower, poems and bokeh need. There is a special place in Heaven for you.

2 comments:

hillgrandmom Sunday, October 05, 2008  

You seem to love purple :)
I loved the leaves shot(for Nikki)and the Winnie the Pooh 'forever' one.

Anonymous Sunday, October 05, 2008  

@hillgrandmom, I do love purple! And the purple wildflowers were everywhere I looked that day.

Post a Comment



Related Posts with Thumbnails
anniebluesky.•*♥. Get yours at bighugelabs.com

photography

Below is a list of photography resources broken up into assorted categories.


Subscribe to
SeaSide Sharon
Then Florida is at your fingertips.

Search This Blog

Followers

Sounds of the Ocean

Randomness

www.flickr.com

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP