10.12.2008

The Greek Festival & more

The more in the title involved coffee at the Oasis and then on the way to the Greek Festival, we stopped at the Farmers Market.

What is so special about St. Augustine? It has a Bohemian feel...laid back and relaxed. A city that you can ride your bike to the diner on a lazy Saturday morning. This particular bike caught my fancy. Yellow and mellow.

"Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling."

"Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling."
¸.•*´¨`♥ James E. Starrs


The Farmers Market was busy. Lots of people. And a few new booths.

"There are so many colors in the rainbow. So many colors in the morning sun. So many colors in the flowers and I see every one."

"There are so many colors in the rainbow. So many colors in the morning sun. So many colors in the flowers and I see every one."
¸.•*´¨`♥ Harry Chapin


Golden Pottery
Golden pottery...


Four Square
...square pottery.


If one takes pride in one's craft, you won't let a good thing die. Risking it through not pushing hard enough is not a humility.

“If one takes pride in one's craft, you won't let a good thing die. Risking it through not pushing hard enough is not a humility.”
¸.•*´¨`♥ Paul Keating


Sign of our Times
Sign of our Times



"Every time a child says, "I don't believe in fairies," there is a fairy somewhere that falls down dead."

"Every time a child says, "I don't believe in fairies," there is a fairy somewhere that falls down dead."
¸.•*´¨`♥ J. M. Barrie


Only God, my dear, Could love you for yourself alone And not your yellow hair.

“Only God, my dear,Could love you for yourself alone And not your yellow hair.”
¸.•*´¨`♥ William Butler Yeats


Baskets
Handmade baskets...


Handmade Baskets
...affordable!!


"Before, milk-white, now purple with love’s wound, —And maidens call it love-in-idleness."

"Before, milk-white, now purple with love’s wound, —And maidens call it love-in-idleness. "
¸.•*´¨`♥ William Shakespeare


Pumpkin & Sunshine
Pumpkins & Sunshine


Two Orchids
Two Orchids


Gordes
Birdhouses


Glass Menagerie
Glass Menagerie


"I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion."

"I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion."
¸.•*´¨`♥ Henry David Thoreau


After strolling through the Farmers Market, we headed towards the Greek Festival. I have to say that St. Augustine was all a buzz with activity! The downtown area was crawling with people. I loved it.

Soon we arrived at the Greek Festival. It too, was crawling with people. Admission was $2. Pretty reasonable I thought. There were booths with the usual fare...crafts, art, jewerly, and anything else one could fit on a card table. The center of the Festival was the tent for music and dancing. Loved the dancers! But, the lines were at the food tents. Yum. Yum. Yum. Did I say yum?

Yellow & Blue
Getting their Bud on!


There were ladies from the Red Hat Society everywhere! Each one with a more spectacular hat than the next.

Nancy & Jean "100 strangers" #11
Nancy & Jean "100 strangers" #11


Two More Red Hats
Two more red hats


Barrel Train
A colorful children's barrel ride



"Lift up your hearts, you good dancers, high! higher! And do not forget the good laughter!”

“Lift up your hearts, you good dancers, high! higher! And do not forget the good laughter!”
¸.•*´¨`♥ Friedrich Nietzsche


Greek Dancers 2
Greek Dancing



Unless a tree has borne blossoms in spring, you will vainly look for fruit on it in autumn.

“Unless a tree has borne blossoms in spring, you will vainly look for fruit on it in autumn.”
¸.•*´¨`♥ Sir Walter Scott

4 comments:

hillgrandmom Monday, October 13, 2008  

Had been looking at these pictures in flickr earlier :) I love the quotes added to the pics (where do you get such lovely appropriate quotes?) and the little doodle at the end whenever you add a quote.

barefootnikki Monday, October 13, 2008  

I can't wait to see the market! And that festival... loved the dancer pics the best :)

Anonymous Tuesday, October 14, 2008  

@hillgrandmom, thanks! I just find the quotes. I look for keywords that I think of when I see the photo, and search. The doodle I made! Kinda whimsical I thought.

Anonymous Tuesday, October 14, 2008  

@nikki, I can't wait for you to see the market! The market can't wait to see you!!

Post a Comment



Related Posts with Thumbnails
anniebluesky.•*♥. Get yours at bighugelabs.com

photography

Below is a list of photography resources broken up into assorted categories.


Subscribe to
SeaSide Sharon
Then Florida is at your fingertips.

Search This Blog

Followers

Sounds of the Ocean

Randomness

www.flickr.com

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP