9.02.2007

Labor Day Weekend

Ahhhh...the lovely three day weekend. It is what every red-blooded American works for. So, with that in mind, the weekend was already off to a good start before anything actually happened. It was a great day at the beach. Even though it was overcast most of the time, and the water was really churned up to a murky brown-gray color. Like I said...three day weekend!

Before we go up the boardwalk to the beach, I wanted to say congratulations to my friend, Barb, on her new grandson. It is her fifth!! She is way too pretty and way too young looking to have a grandchild, let alone five. What a wonderful addition to her family.

On to the beach. This weekend we went further up (or down as the case may be) the coast to the next beach in the national park. This one had more shells, which I loved.

Jungle path


This boardwalk went through some dense vegetation and opened up to a clearing where we crossed the highway and started up another boardwalk.

Following the path


Still more


View to the left


Then down to the beach


Lots of deserted beach


This little fellow got scared and ran sideways all the way into the ocean.

The original beach comber


Long wave


Look how brown the wave is. Not the usual pretty blue. Still pretty. Just not blue!

Mid break


Solitude


Not such a good picture, but it was our dolphin sighting!

The trio


Look at the blue blue water on the horizon. Only place it was blue today.

View from the umbrella


For my beach hat collection


Who knew that the seeds of a magnolia tree was red??? Not me!

A bit of red


This plant kept poking me when I was trying to get a picture of the magnolia seeds.

Green spikes

3 comments:

barefootnikki Monday, September 03, 2007  

I love the green spikes. I think i'm making it my new desktop :)
xoxo
nik

hillgrandmom Thursday, September 06, 2007  

I really do love your pictures--almost Zen-like.

Sharon Pickering Thursday, September 06, 2007  

So happy you like my pictures. I think I strive for Zen-like.

Post a Comment



Related Posts with Thumbnails
anniebluesky.•*♥. Get yours at bighugelabs.com

photography

Below is a list of photography resources broken up into assorted categories.


Subscribe to
SeaSide Sharon
Then Florida is at your fingertips.

Search This Blog

Followers

Sounds of the Ocean

Randomness

www.flickr.com

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP