8.28.2010

Just because you don't understand it doesn't mean it isn't so.

A morning stroll through Aragon, a beautiful neighborhood in Pensacola.

"Just because you don't understand it doesn't mean it isn't so."
"Just because you don't understand it doesn't mean it isn't so."
¸.•*´¨`♥ Lemony Snicket (The Blank Book)







"The most important thing you leave behind is the stuff that turns into treasures when children find it. "
"The most important thing you leave behind is the stuff that turns into treasures when children find it."
¸.•*´¨`♥ StoryPeople



""




"The wide world is all about you: you can fence yourselves in, but you cannot forever fence it out."
"The wide world is all about you: you can fence yourselves in, but you cannot forever fence it out."
¸.•*´¨`♥ J.R.R. Tolkien (The Fellowship of the Ring)



""




""




""




"I love you as certain dark things are to be loved, in secret, between the shadow and the soul."
"I love you as certain dark things are to be loved, in secret, between the shadow and the soul."
¸.•*´¨`♥ Pablo Neruda



""




"Please, please don't pick my veggies."
"Please, please don't pick my veggies."



"Morning is an important time of day, because how you spend your morning can often tell you what kind of day you are going to have."
"Morning is an important time of day, because how you spend your morning can often tell you what kind of day you are going to have."
¸.•*´¨`♥ Lemony Snicket (The Blank Book)



"Plant a new Truffula. Treat it with care. Give it clean water. And feed it fresh air. Grow a forest. Protect it from axes that hack. "
"Plant a new Truffula. Treat it with care. Give it clean water. And feed it fresh air. Grow a forest. Protect it from axes that hack. "
¸.•*´¨`♥ Dr. Seuss (The Lorax)



"And the silken sad uncertain rustling of each purple curtain Thrilled me..."
"And the silken sad uncertain rustling of each purple curtain Thrilled me..."
¸.•*´¨`♥ Edgar Allan Poe (The Raven)



"Light is not lost where love enters. And what a love! A love wholly founded in purity."
"Light is not lost where love enters. And what a love! A love wholly founded in purity."
¸.•*´¨`♥ Victor Hugo (Les Misérables)

4 comments:

Razmataz Saturday, August 28, 2010  

Hi there, I have been a rather silent fan of your blog for a while. My husband and I live in Canada and are looking for a place in Florida. You mentioned that St. Augustine did not have all the things you needed and I wonder if you would be so kind as to tell me why you selected Pensacola.

I understand that you are a busy person, but if you had a minute I would love to hear your opinion on the 2 areas.

Chania

PJ Sunday, August 29, 2010  

I'm always afraid of invading someone's privacy so either you know someone or you're using a zoom lens, either way these are some of your best.

Sharon Sunday, August 29, 2010  

@Ramataz, Hi...glad you broke your silence. Oh, your question! I love both these places so much. Both have wonderful history. But St. Augustine seems to make this history more 'public' and embraces it. And their historical district is always fun to walk. Both have beaches, but Pensacola's beach, in my opinion, is far superior. I do believe the people in St. Augustine are far more artsy and 'live let live'. Both have access to educational opportunities, but Pensacola had more in that area of what we were looking for.

I guess in the end, it was the beach and the educational opportunities that made Pensacola our choice.

We had lived in Pensacola years ago, and it always had a hold on my heart strings. But, oh, how I loved St. Augustine. It really was a difficult decision.

I would suggest visiting each place...for at least a week or more each before making this decision.

@Paula, I have never worried about that. I take my pictures from the sidewalk (don't trespass)so what images I took is exactly that...what I see from the sidewalk. I don't know anyone there. My lens was my 85mm...not considered a zoom. So I just document the neighborhood as I see it from the sidewalk. It was a wonderful morning and I greeted a few residents.

I did a lot of this type of photography in St. Augustine. Just walking the neighborhoods and snapping away. A most pleasant way to get to know the area and spend a morning.

BaysideLife Tuesday, August 31, 2010  

I love Aragon and these pictures are wonderful. I drive into Pensacola just to walk around the historic district and downtown, but I rarely take photos. Like Paula, I don't want to seem intrusive. I may have to rethink that.

Post a Comment



Related Posts with Thumbnails
anniebluesky.•*♥. Get yours at bighugelabs.com

photography

Below is a list of photography resources broken up into assorted categories.


Subscribe to
SeaSide Sharon
Then Florida is at your fingertips.

Search This Blog

Followers

Sounds of the Ocean

Randomness

www.flickr.com

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP