8.26.2010

And when I sleep, let me dream all the time so that not one little piece of living is ever lost.

The Bay Bridge Fishing Pier is something I pass almost everyday. At least everyday I go to work. It runs parallel to the Three Mile Bridge that spans Pensacola Bay.

October 1960 the Three Mile Bridge replaced the old two lane bridge to the East. That two lane bridge became the Bay Bridge Fishing Pier. Much of it was destroyed by Hurricane Ivan in 2004. The northern end was rebuilt as a fishing pier and opened this year, 2010.

Which leads me to my first images. The pier is home to several beautiful cats. I see them lounging on the sunny rocks at the base of the pier during winter. During the summer, they seek the shade of the pier.

On this day I started walking up the pier and looked down to see this lovely cat napping. I was able to get a couple of pictures, but the following image woke him up when he heard the click of my shutter, and he ran off.



"And when I sleep, let me dream all the time so that not one little piece of living is ever lost."
"And when I sleep, let me dream all the time so that not one little piece of living is ever lost."
¸.•*´¨`♥ Betty Smith (A Tree Grows in Brooklyn)








""




""
Looking between the fishing pier (left) and the Three Mile Bridge (right)



"... driving at the speed limit--hideous thought."
"... driving at the speed limit--hideous thought."
¸.•*´¨`♥ Stephenie Meyer



""




""
See the oil booms stretched across the pass? It should help keep oil out of Texar Bay.



""




After I took a few pictures from the pier area, I went off into town. The next three images are just flowers. Pretty flowers.

"Not light, exactly, but a glow that could be confused for light... "
"Not light, exactly, but a glow that could be confused for light... "
¸.•*´¨`♥ Jonathan Safran Foer (Everything Is Illuminated)



"The first stab of love is like a sunset, a blaze of color -- oranges, pearly pinks, vibrant purples..."
"The first stab of love is like a sunset, a blaze of color -- oranges, pearly pinks, vibrant purples..."
¸.•*´¨`♥ Anna Godbersen (The Luxe)



"All alone! Whether you like it or not, alone is something you'll be quite a lot!"
"All alone! Whether you like it or not, alone is something you'll be quite a lot!"
¸.•*´¨`♥ Dr. Seuss (Oh, the Places You'll Go! and The Lorax)

2 comments:

PJ Thursday, August 26, 2010  

I'm so glad the cats are there and that you caught them in their element. A great photo essay.

BaysideLife Friday, August 27, 2010  

Seems you had a lovely day and ended up with some lovely pictures.

Post a Comment



Related Posts with Thumbnails
anniebluesky.•*♥. Get yours at bighugelabs.com

photography

Below is a list of photography resources broken up into assorted categories.


Subscribe to
SeaSide Sharon
Then Florida is at your fingertips.

Search This Blog

Followers

Sounds of the Ocean

Randomness

www.flickr.com

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP