1.23.2009

A warm January afternoon

After the freezing weather we've had the last couple of days, today was highly appreciated. Warm. Sunny. Beautiful. So we got out. Went into town for lunch and some geocaching.

the oasis
We shared a fish sandwich at the Oasis


blue moon
It was my first time to dine upstairs


After lunch we were off geocaching. Folks, it is harder than it looks. But oddles of fun. One of the caches we found was called Critter Box. It was out in the woods...maybe part of Anastasia State Park, I'm not sure. Either way, it was a sweet little trail that took us to a little bridge with a clearing. That is where we searched for the cache. It has several items inside, and I took the starfish rock. It is really awesome. I took some pictures of it on my desk at home.

"Art is the elimination of the unnecessary."

"Art is the elimination of the unnecessary."
¸.•*´¨`♥ Pablo Picasso


"There is no friend as loyal as a book."

"There is no friend as loyal as a book."
¸.•*´¨`♥ Ernest Hemingway


I know this is almost like the above picture. But the focus is on the books. And I like it anyway. And I love the quote. So, here it is!

"I do not seek. I find."

"I do not seek. I find."
¸.•*´¨`♥ Pablo Picasso


While snapping pictures of the starfish rock, I took one of the tile that Nikki gave me for Christmas. I freaked today because I had the books all standing up, and it was on the shelf beside them. Well, the books fell when I bumped the desk and they knocked over my tile. It fell to the desktop and a couple of little pieces chipped off the corner. But, I glued them back, and you can't even tell! Whew...

lighthouse tile
St. Augustine Lighthouse tile

3 comments:

hillgrandmom Saturday, January 24, 2009  

Love that tile! BTW, what is geocacheing?

Anonymous Saturday, January 24, 2009  

@hillgrandmom, Geocaching is like a huge treasure hunt! Look at this post for my first excursion and a link in that post to the geocaching site for more info.

Sharon Pickering Saturday, January 24, 2009  

@hillgrandmom, Oh, that tile was a gift from my daughter, Nikki, for Christmas! I love it!

Post a Comment



Related Posts with Thumbnails
anniebluesky.•*♥. Get yours at bighugelabs.com

photography

Below is a list of photography resources broken up into assorted categories.


Subscribe to
SeaSide Sharon
Then Florida is at your fingertips.

Search This Blog

Followers

Sounds of the Ocean

Randomness

www.flickr.com

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP