8.22.2011

VACA 2011...Part 3

Up in the library was a little nook. Complete with two rattan chairs dressed in zebra print and polka dots. The arms were painted forest green. They were beside a window facing the North. I enjoyed those chairs a couple of times.

"A man cannot be comfortable without his own approval."
"A man cannot be comfortable without his own approval."
¸.•*´¨`♥ Mark Twain

There were two ways to get upstairs to our room. One going up stairs from the outside to a screened-in porch. I love the idea of a screened-in upstairs porch. It gives me some ideas for our house. This is that porch and the screen door leading to the stairway.

""

On this porch was an old iron patio set and and even older yellow iron bench/couch. I really don't know what they were called. I did sit on the chairs from the patio set, but I didn't trust the bench. I just admired it from afar.

""

"Nobody keeps the porch light on for me."
"Nobody keeps the porch light on for me."
¸.•*´¨`♥ Ilona Andrews (Magic Burns)

This was their Backyard of Love. A wonderful shaded breezy area with little tables covered with various table cloths. There was a stage for live music. Each time we heard the little backyard concert, it was very Norah Jones-like. Soft. Pretty.

""

A backyard porch with the public restrooms. I liked the white. And the green.

""

I totally loved this sign that was hanging on the back of a little cabin on the grounds. I don't know much about it other than was from the Grayton Corner Cafe. It seems it was a very popular spot, but was totally destroyed by Hurricane Opal in '95.

""

The place was so unpretentious. These were the center pieces on the tables. This time they all held Eucalyptus branches. The last time they held fresh flowers.

""


The door on the upper porch that leads into the library. The doors were so pretty. I think I like retro.

""

I'm guessing that each room was named. But I can only vouch for two rooms. Ours...the Hibscus Room and the other room by the library...the Magnolia Room.

""

Secretely, in my hearts of hearts, I loved the Magnolia Room's sign. There was just something about it that grabbed me. Maybe the pretty shade of blue. Maybe the way the wood board was all gnarly on the right. But I liked it.

""

0 comments:

Post a Comment



Related Posts with Thumbnails
anniebluesky.•*♥. Get yours at bighugelabs.com

photography

Below is a list of photography resources broken up into assorted categories.


Subscribe to
SeaSide Sharon
Then Florida is at your fingertips.

Search This Blog

Followers

Sounds of the Ocean

Randomness

www.flickr.com

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP