4.01.2011

New Orleans 2011: set 2

Perhaps if you asked me what my favorite picture from our stay in New Orleans is, it may surprise you when I tell you this one. It is not the typical New Orleans photo. But, I love it because I feel it embodies all that New Orleans is about...it is colorful. layered. old. new. rich. in depth. stark elegance against decay. weathered. textured. And just a little off.

"I have dreamed in my life, dreams that have stayed with me ever after...and altered the color of my mind."
"I have dreamed in my life, dreams that have stayed with me ever after...and altered the color of my mind."
¸.•*´¨`♥ Emily Brontë



"the wind rattling the windows behind the curtains "
"the wind rattling the windows behind the curtains "
¸.•*´¨`♥ Steven Millhauser

"The worst time to feel alone is when you're in a crowd"
"The worst time to feel alone is when you're in a crowd"
¸.•*´¨`♥ Anthony Horowitz (Point Blank)

"We are  Born like this...Into the sight of broken factory windows of emptiness"
"We are  Born like this...Into the sight of broken factory windows of emptiness"
¸.•*´¨`♥ Charles Bukowski

""

" ...but when she glanced at him, he looked as he always did: easy, confident, slightly bored."
" ...but when she glanced at him, he looked as he always did: easy, confident, slightly bored."
¸.•*´¨`♥ Cassandra Clare (City of Bones)

""
It's no wonder I got a parking ticket the first time I went to New Orleans! As a matter of fact, I think this is exactly where Nikki and parked. Like we were taunting the meter maid.

""

""
St. Louis Cathedral at night

And this one makes me smile and be happy. That man, the one giving that look over the tops of the other people's heads, is the man I love. And I have come to know that look all too well. It says, "If you take another picture of me I will, quite possibly, lose control and do something I will be sorry for." But, he never does. And I never stop. I let up a bit for awhile. But never stop...
""

2 comments:

Kelley Saturday, April 02, 2011  

Your photos are so wonderful...really!

xo kelley

barefootnikki Saturday, April 02, 2011  

Looooove this post. Wow... perfection! Man, i want alllll those scarves, what a great shot. And the shot of your love is perfect. I recognize that look :)

Post a Comment



Related Posts with Thumbnails
anniebluesky.•*♥. Get yours at bighugelabs.com

photography

Below is a list of photography resources broken up into assorted categories.


Subscribe to
SeaSide Sharon
Then Florida is at your fingertips.

Search This Blog

Followers

Archive

Sounds of the Ocean

Randomness

www.flickr.com

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP