4.07.2011

Gulf Coast Renaissance Fair 2011: what to see

There are an abundance of things to see at the fair. It is very ornate if you look closely. Sometimes the mix of fair people and fair patrons makes it confusing. It would be fun to see a fair where everyone is in costume.

"...why no one else's heart was wild with the breeze stirred by the sighs of her veils..."
"...why no one else's heart was wild with the breeze stirred by the sighs of her veils..."
¸.•*´¨`♥ Gabriel García Márquez (Love in the Time of Cholera)



There were many booths selling various items. Food, clothing, jewelry. And booths that seemed to cater to the needs of next year's fair people...costumes, swords, crowns. All your Renaissance needs.

"Once my jars were labeled, I felt contentedly thrilled with myself, as if I had pulled off a wonderful trick"
"Once my jars were labeled, I felt contentedly thrilled with myself, as if I had pulled off a wonderful trick"
¸.•*´¨`♥ Laurie Colwin (More Home Cooking: A Writer Returns to the Kitchen)

""


"People will come to me to have their fortunes told, and I will brew love potions for sad maidens..."
"People will come to me to have their fortunes told, and I will brew love potions for sad maidens..."
¸.•*´¨`♥ Shirley Jackson (The Haunting of Hill House)

""


"Only later when the cloth is untied can we glance at the past and find out what we have experienced and what meaning it has"
"Only later when the cloth is untied can we glance at the past and find out what we have experienced and what meaning it has"
¸.•*´¨`♥ Milan Kundera (Laughable Loves)
The jousting was rather interesting, given the fact that the 'track' they had to joust on was not that long. In my opinion. And one of the jousters was a female. She is on the horse with the blue drape and red heart. But, alas, she lost. I really love the motion in the following images...the flowing manes of the horses. It really shows that they did get some speed even on this small arena.

""


""


""


""


""
And that is the end for this year...

0 comments:

Post a Comment



Related Posts with Thumbnails
anniebluesky.•*♥. Get yours at bighugelabs.com

photography

Below is a list of photography resources broken up into assorted categories.


Subscribe to
SeaSide Sharon
Then Florida is at your fingertips.

Search This Blog

Followers

Archive

Sounds of the Ocean

Randomness

www.flickr.com

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP