9.26.2010

To See a World in a Grain of Sand ...

"To See a World in a Grain of Sand ..."
"To See a World in a Grain of Sand ..."
¸.•*´¨`♥ William Blake









A day in early July. The BP workers were busy cleaning up oil. Makes me upset to look at some of these. Just sad they have to be here at all.


""




""




""




Nonetheless, people went on enjoying our beautiful beaches.



""




""




""




"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time and your government when it deserves it."
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time and your government when it deserves it."
¸.•*´¨`♥ Mark Twain



"carries a lot of suitcases but all of them are empty because she's expecting to completely fill them with life by the end of this trip & then she'll come home & sort everything out & do it all again"
"carries a lot of suitcases but all of them are empty because she's expecting to completely fill them with life by the end of this trip & then she'll come home & sort everything out & do it all again"
¸.•*´¨`♥ StoryPeople



"What if I had never seen this before? What if I knew I would never see it again?”
"What if I had never seen this before? What if I knew I would never see it again?”
¸.•*´¨`♥ Rachel Carson (1907 - 1964), marine biologist and nature writer




See the white and dark specks on the horizon? Those are boats with booms. Booms to gather the oil before it hits this beautiful beach. It is a mixed blessing. I'm glad they are there, and I'm sad they have to be there. Apparently on this day we were in line for a huge spill because they are out in full force. Bless them.

1 comments:

BaysideLife Monday, September 27, 2010  

Absolutely love that first photo of the sea shell. I know what you mean about the BP workers. Every time I see them along the shore, I get sad all over again. Let's hope winter storms and tides helps in the clean-up.

Post a Comment



Related Posts with Thumbnails
anniebluesky.•*♥. Get yours at bighugelabs.com

photography

Below is a list of photography resources broken up into assorted categories.


Subscribe to
SeaSide Sharon
Then Florida is at your fingertips.

Search This Blog

Followers

Sounds of the Ocean

Randomness

www.flickr.com

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP