9.30.2010

The Keys::Day 1::On the road

We woke up the next morning with a song in our hearts and well rested. I walked out to the back of the hotel to see a beautiful bay. And this fantastic palm tree at the edge of the sand. I had to wait a long time to get this picture. My camera was in the hotel all night, and it was very cold in our room. Then when I went outside, the hot humid air fogged up my lens. It took at least a half an hour to defog. So I just looked around and enjoyed the pretty sun. Which, by the way, was a welcome sight after driving in the rain most of the day before.


"Life is a paradise for those who love many things with a passion."
"Life is a paradise for those who love many things with a passion."
¸.•*´¨`♥ Leo Buscaglia











We left the hotel and started the journey to Key West, stopping several times along the way. And several times I just shot from the moving car.














"... I love everything about motels. I can't help myself. I still get excited every time I slip a key into a motel room door and fling it open."
"... I love everything about motels. I can't help myself. I still get excited every time I slip a key into a motel room door and fling it open."
¸.•*´¨`♥ Bill Bryson











"Coconuts  50¢ and up"
"Coconuts  50¢ and up"




As we drove the day became very cloudy and eventually began raining again. You can see the dark clouds in many of these shots.






Then, all of a sudden, D said, "Did you see that?" and turned the car around. Off shore was this rocky finger from the mainland with the Quay marker and two bikes. I took a couple of pictures of this...it was so pretty. I'm putting up two. The first because I love the pink lettering, and the second because it turned out to be my favorite take. While shooting these we saw the boys that owned the bikes. They were in the water snorkeling.






"See that day as I remember it...gulls gliding over the quays on a mild breeze..."
"See that day as I remember it...gulls gliding over the quays on a mild breeze..."
¸.•*´¨`♥ Parke Godwin (Beloved Exile)

1 comments:

VanessaDJones Thursday, October 14, 2010  

I see what you mean about the bicycle pictures. Hard choice, both beautiful but I'm really taken with 4 and 6. Lovely colors and scenes.

Post a Comment



Related Posts with Thumbnails
anniebluesky.•*♥. Get yours at bighugelabs.com

photography

Below is a list of photography resources broken up into assorted categories.


Subscribe to
SeaSide Sharon
Then Florida is at your fingertips.

Search This Blog

Followers

Sounds of the Ocean

Randomness

www.flickr.com

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP