12.12.2009

Monet Monet

My last post was about our Seaside trip. This is a little part of that trip that deserved it's own place in the sun. Monet Monet, a spectacular re-creation of Claude Monet’s home and garden in Giverny, France.

We last saw it about 10 years ago...almost to the day. We happened upon it on a trip to Seaside. They were having a festive holiday party which we were lucky enough to stumble upon. The gardens were breathtaking. The lights. The fountains. The gardens. The chocolate desert that haunts me to this day.

D went back at a later time and bought me a beautiful hand made plate. This is not just any plate. It has dogwood blooms artfully painted on a rough, yet gentle, pottery. It is a soft forest green and the flowers are an aged white with a muted yellow center. The edges of the plate are anything but straight...they curve and swirl with the potters imagination. I adore this plate. It is now hanging over my kitchen window.

So, we were delighted to find Monet Monet again. But, alas, it has changed hands. It is now a jewelery store. A very artsy one. But no festive party. No chocolate desert. No glittery lights. But, while walking in the gardens, which the owner so graciously let us do, I could see the magic that I felt that night so many years ago.

Monet Monet
mailbox




Fountain girl
still beautiful




She stands by the tree
waiting for the party




Gate to the house
old and rusty



A pic for Nikki
She wanted a shot...but it was getting really dark

2 comments:

hillgrandmom Sunday, December 13, 2009  

Sharon, the link to the continuation didn't seem to be working. What an interesting idea, to copy Monet's house!

Sharon Pickering Sunday, December 13, 2009  

Hi hillgrandmom! Thanks for telling me. I only had 5 images for this post, but I forgot to take out the little continuation code that I have in my format.

Post a Comment



Related Posts with Thumbnails
anniebluesky.•*♥. Get yours at bighugelabs.com

photography

Below is a list of photography resources broken up into assorted categories.


Subscribe to
SeaSide Sharon
Then Florida is at your fingertips.

Search This Blog

Followers

Sounds of the Ocean

Randomness

www.flickr.com

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP