4.26.2009

St. Augustine Alligator Farm {Part 1 of 8}

I didn't think about the Alligator Farm much at first. But, I long ago decided to experience all that St. Augustine has to offer. So lately I had been thinking about it. On this particular day, D was going to golf with some buddies and I figured this was my golden opportunity. Off I went.

I didn't have high expectations. I expected the cheese factor to be high. I didn't expect to like it at all, as a matter of fact. I was wrong. Not cheesy. It was like strolling in a beautiful shaded park...with gators all about. Of course, I was on a boardwalk or a path, and they were well out of my reach...or I should say I was well out of their reach.

I started out by a huge pit of gators that had this fellow.

Napping
Napping


Then I followed the path to what actually turned out to be my most favorite part...the birds. It was a huge lagoon with a boardwalk over it. On all sides were trees with birds nesting in them. Below, in the murky waters, were hundreds of alligators. I was fascinated by this whole setup. How could they live in such harmony? Why would the birds choose to nest over such a pit of jaws? There was no overhead screen of any type, so the birds were free to go outside of the Alligator Farm when ever they wanted. And yet here they were, by the hundreds. I found out they liked the protection that the alligators offered from their natural enemies like raccoons, etc.

Just goofy
Just goofy



What now?
What now?



Part of the group
Part of the group



The nest
The nest


{Continue to part 2...}

0 comments:

Post a Comment



Related Posts with Thumbnails
anniebluesky.•*♥. Get yours at bighugelabs.com

photography

Below is a list of photography resources broken up into assorted categories.


Subscribe to
SeaSide Sharon
Then Florida is at your fingertips.

Search This Blog

Followers

Archive

Sounds of the Ocean

Randomness

www.flickr.com

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP