3.19.2009

The Church, the College and other bits of the day {Part 1 of 3}

Once again D was in class and dropped me off. I wanted to tour Flaggler College, but missed the tour for that day. Maybe next time. I did get some photos of what I could, then moved on to a church.

Let's start with the Memorial Presbyterian Church.

Memorial Presbyterian Church
Memorial Presbyterian Church


church thing
I'm sure there is a word for what this is...I just don't know it. It's in the church courtyard.


These flowers were also in the courtyard. Such a pretty and serene place.

"It is at the edge of the petal that love waits."

"It is at the edge of the petal that love waits."
¸.•*´¨`♥ William Carlos Williams


"The temple bell stops but I still hear the sound coming out of the flowers. "

"The temple bell stops but I still hear the sound coming out of the flowers. "
¸.•*´¨`♥ Basho


"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler."

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler."
¸.•*´¨`♥ Albert Einstein


Continue to part 2...

3 comments:

hillgrandmom Thursday, March 19, 2009  

The 2nd picture--probably a sun dial?

Anonymous Thursday, March 19, 2009  

It's an astrolabe or an armillary sphere (either name came be used). Hasten to add I only know this because I've been doing sundials for Waymarking! : )

Anonymous Friday, March 20, 2009  

Thanks hillgrandmom, and Telute! I felt like I should know what it was, but I was posting under pressure, and didn't have time to ponder. So I had no clue what it was, but I thought it was beautiful.

Waymarking is something I've just discovered in geocaching. Don't know much about it yet, but plan to learn more. Can you waymark this one if I can give you the coordinates?

Post a Comment



Related Posts with Thumbnails
anniebluesky.•*♥. Get yours at bighugelabs.com

photography

Below is a list of photography resources broken up into assorted categories.


Subscribe to
SeaSide Sharon
Then Florida is at your fingertips.

Search This Blog

Followers

Archive

Sounds of the Ocean

Randomness

www.flickr.com

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP