9.20.2008

Walking in St. Augustine, Part 2

Well, I can tell from the overwhelming response to my last post that you all can hardly wait for Part 2! These pictures conclude the walk I took last week in St. Augustine.

I took some pictures of the fort, but I really didn't like them, so maybe another time I will get some better shots. But, while at the fort I spotted this pair paddling their little boat.

Boaters
Syrenska


I continued down the road until I got to the town plaza where I saw the Guard House/Watch Tower/Slave Market.

The Slave Market
Plaque


The slave market
Old Slave Market


the tower
The Watch Tower(?)


Blue trim
Trimmed in blue


the arch
Intricate detail


red building
Bold red


green eggs & ham
Dr. Seuss display, Green Eggs & Ham


iron & stone
Iron & Concrete


brick path
There were hidden oasis...


pink wall flowers
...flowers on walls...


Marigolds
...flower beds with blazing colors...


arbor
...and grape vine arbors.


wall words
I saw word walls...


third heaven
...third heaven again.


around the world
A garage sale?...


sunshine blue eyes
...that offered this blue-eyed sun.


metalartz art gallery
No bones about it


purple trim
There were porches, like this side porch...


front porch
...front porch...


white wicker
...and this porch for dining.


shutter in shingles
Windows, windows, windows...


pink wall...wood shutters
...on pink walls...


gray shutter
...on orange walls...


no paint
...weathered windows...


blue hinge
...brilliant blue windows...


3 windows
...and an old trio.


And of course the doors of St. Augustine...

37
37


25
25


46
46


weathered
Deserted


laCaleta
LaCaleta

7 comments:

barefootnikki Saturday, September 20, 2008  

I would have given you an overwhelming response if i had seen your other post. This one though... omg.. i love it! I especially love the deserted porch and Dr. Seuss. Fantasteek!

Anonymous Sunday, September 21, 2008  

Duhhhh. RSS feed. (I'm shaking my head.) But, Thank you!!!

Cassandra Sunday, September 21, 2008  

Bold red and iron gate are my fav's for this trip!

Anonymous Sunday, September 21, 2008  

It is always interesting to know what other people like. All tastes are different, that's for sure.

Hubby liked the 'orange walls' and the 'grape vine arbors'. I liked 'LaCaleta' and '46'. 46 for some reason is very haunting to me. I had taken a pic of the very same door ages ago. I liked the iron gate one too.

hillgrandmom Tuesday, September 23, 2008  

I like them all! Where exactly is ST. Augustine though? The flag doesn't look exactly like the US flag.

Anonymous Sunday, September 28, 2008  

@hillgrandmom, St. Augustine is in Florida on the east coast...south of Jacksonville.

Anonymous Sunday, September 28, 2008  

@hillgrandmom, St. Augustine is in Florida on the east coast...south of Jacksonville.

Post a Comment



Related Posts with Thumbnails
anniebluesky.•*♥. Get yours at bighugelabs.com

photography

Below is a list of photography resources broken up into assorted categories.


Subscribe to
SeaSide Sharon
Then Florida is at your fingertips.

Search This Blog

Followers

Sounds of the Ocean

Randomness

www.flickr.com

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP