6.07.2008

Fernandina Beach on Amelia Island

DSC_3460
Fernandina Beach


We have been going and having so much fun! This trip involved only the most beautiful little town I have seen in a long time, Fernandina Beach on Amelia Island. It is simply perfect.

I swear, this may be where I want to make home. It is that special. What makes it so special? It is a small town, it's on an island (and not just any island...Amelia Island), it is quaint, it oozes history, it has a farmer's market downtown every Saturday morning spring through fall, of course there is a beach, the people are friendly, it has a ferry that takes you on a 45 minute trip to St. Mary's, people walk, people ride bikes, people ride scooters, the downtown area is precious.

Let's start with the Farmer's Market. Colorful. Sweet. Music. Good food. Plants. Crafts. People. Veggies. Honey. Bread.

DSC_3375
The Farmer's Market


DSC_3339
Colorful


DSC_3343
A little 4 part harmony


DSC_3349
Bottles of fancy oils and vinegars


DSC_3358
Flowers for sale...butterflies are free


DSC_3362
Sweet jars of honey


DSC_3367
The band's gear


DSC_3378
Shoppers


DSC_3383
The town has bits of history everywhere


DSC_3408
Touches of the whimsical around every corner


In front of a little bookstore this sweet man was signing copies of his book. He autographed mine, and I had my picture taken with him. This book is so touching!

DSC_3430
Peter the Pelican by Jerry Bishop


DSC_3441
Window shopping was a feast for the eyes


DSC_3445
On the dock


DSC_3448
Docked on the inner coastal


DSC_3457
Downtown walls


DSC_3463
Another old wall


DSC_3464
Nothing drab


DSC_3478
Store sign


DSC_3497
Blue on blue


DSC_3502
On the boardwalk


DSC_3508
Beach hat


DSC_3516
People watching

5 comments:

Anonymous Monday, June 09, 2008  

What a great feeling from these photos! Makes me want to visit! Excellent work!

Lorraine M.
Alberta, Canada

Anonymous Monday, June 09, 2008  

Thanks, Lorraine! It was a beautiful little town. I loved it...or can you tell? :-)

hillgrandmom Tuesday, June 10, 2008  

Beautiful! What are those colourful bundles by the way?

Anonymous Tuesday, June 10, 2008  

@hillgrandmom, I don't know. I asked my daughter. She couldn't tell either. If I go back, I will investigate!

Anonymous Sunday, August 03, 2008  

OK, I found out on my last trip. They are bags of coffee!

Post a Comment



Related Posts with Thumbnails
anniebluesky.•*♥. Get yours at bighugelabs.com

photography

Below is a list of photography resources broken up into assorted categories.


Subscribe to
SeaSide Sharon
Then Florida is at your fingertips.

Search This Blog

Followers

Sounds of the Ocean

Randomness

www.flickr.com

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP