5.25.2008

Blue Crab Festival

This weekend was the Blue Crab Festival at Palatka, Florida. I have a feeling that most of the year this is a sleepy little town. But, not so for the Blue Crab Festival!

They said it all


There were beautiful old buildings.


City Hall


Church


Statue


Whimsy flower boxes


Great river views


Band on the river


Cooling in the river


Festival dancers


All kinds of hand crafts


Then there was my favorite part of any festival...the people.

The Angel of Truth


Contrast: Segway & overalls


This gentleman captured our hearts


I'm sorry for stalking you


Capt'n Jack Sparrow??!!!


Even pooches came to the festival


And, if you've made it this far, I have a little game for you. What does this tattoo say?

The mystery tattoo

7 comments:

barefootnikki Monday, May 26, 2008  

I love these pics. That old man is pretty cool looking and i like the band.
The tattoo... i tried and tried. No idea.
xoxo
nik

Sharon Pickering Monday, May 26, 2008  

The band was cool...just crusty and mostly stoned I believe.

The old man was awesome. I thought I lost him once, but when I found him again...it was on.

I loved Capt'n Jack. He had the mannerisms down.

We couldn't figure out the tattoo either. We thought ?ONESTD. But that made no sense. And we couldn't get the first letter.

Anonymous Tuesday, May 27, 2008  

The tattoo says "honesty". ;-)

Sharon Pickering Tuesday, May 27, 2008  

WOW...why didn't I see that? Thanks!!!

LaraVanAsten Friday, May 30, 2008  

Honesty...thought it took me a minute. Love all your sites. Just getting started with some of my own and BlogU has been very helpful. Thanks!!

Have a wonderful day!

Lara

Doug Cloud Monday, June 02, 2008  

That tattoo says "HONESTY". That Segway pic reminded me of one I did as kind of a gag. I called it "Sailway". You can see it in the Works section of my web site.

hillgrandmom Tuesday, June 10, 2008  

Figured out the tattoo says 'honesty'.

Post a Comment



Related Posts with Thumbnails
anniebluesky.•*♥. Get yours at bighugelabs.com

photography

Below is a list of photography resources broken up into assorted categories.


Subscribe to
SeaSide Sharon
Then Florida is at your fingertips.

Search This Blog

Followers

Sounds of the Ocean

Randomness

www.flickr.com

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP