9.04.2012

New Orleans 2012: 9

This next photo is of a man that noticed my camera, and secretly waved me over. So I went. We began a photography discussion, and at some point he pulled out this lens (I still don't exactly know what kind it was) and whipped in on my camera...over the existing lens. Then proceeded to place his eye inches from my camera and insisted I take a picture. We were so close. He did not know the meaning of personal space, and for that moment, I had to let any perception I had about personal space go. Therefore I took a picture of his eye...very close with all the wonderful bushy-ness of his eyebrow.

I only wish I had the wits about me to take a photo of him...but he had me rather at a disadvantage. He was older. Arabic. Short. Creamy brown skin with deep set wrinkles. Many smile lines. A full, gloriously white beard that went to his chest. And, you can see the twinkle in his eye.

"The seat of the soul is there where the inner and outer worlds meet."
"The seat of the soul is there where the inner and outer worlds meet."
¸.•*´¨`♥ Joseph Campbell, The Power of Myth



Then he grabbed my hand, and placed my ring close to the lens. So the next photo is of my ring...while I'm holding the camera with one hand, focusing, metering, and trying not to bobble. Not an easy feat. Each heart beat made the world shake, so I snapped between beats.

Untitled

Untitled


Southern Candymakers REALLY are the best praline makers. I can testify to that.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

0 comments:

Post a Comment



Related Posts with Thumbnails
anniebluesky.•*♥. Get yours at bighugelabs.com

photography

Below is a list of photography resources broken up into assorted categories.


Subscribe to
SeaSide Sharon
Then Florida is at your fingertips.

Search This Blog

Followers

Sounds of the Ocean

Randomness

www.flickr.com

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP