8.28.2012

New Orleans 2012: 1

A marvelous trip to New Orleans. Left mid-day Friday and came home Sunday morning. Not enough time. Simply not enough. I, of course, took pictures. I'm going to post this trip in a chronological series. As it happened.

I could photograph New Orleans 24 hours a day, and still not get enough. I have some favorite places to photograph, and New Orleans is one of the top contenders. I could just stand in one spot and take pictures for hours. People. Details. Actions. Interactions.

But, I did not stand in one place. I walked. And walked. And walked. It was a feast for the eyes. A magical land to photograph.

Walking out of the hotel, I immediately started to photograph. And this is our trip...

Untitled



Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled
"I hold a glass of Coke to my cheek and pretend it is a glass of bourbon and I am in New Orleans."
¸.•*´¨`♥ Emma Forrest, Namedropper: A Novel

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled
"Nor, perhaps, did they see the crumbling buildings where the city's poor live as they traveled by cab from the French Quarter to Commander's Palace."
¸.•*´¨`♥ Billy Sothern, Down in New Orleans: Reflections from a Drowned City

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled




2 comments:

barefootnikki Tuesday, August 28, 2012  

It hurts my heart to see these pics... i miss it. I'm so glad you went!!!!

Sharon Pickering Tuesday, August 28, 2012  

I'm so glad, too! There are many more...I'm trying to make them last. I'm already up to post 5...and that is just the first evening!!!

Post a Comment



Related Posts with Thumbnails
anniebluesky.•*♥. Get yours at bighugelabs.com

photography

Below is a list of photography resources broken up into assorted categories.


Subscribe to
SeaSide Sharon
Then Florida is at your fingertips.

Search This Blog

Followers

Sounds of the Ocean

Randomness

www.flickr.com

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP