3.24.2012

A rainy night in New Orleans

We had a short, wet, spring break getaway to New Orleans. We headed out, knowing it was going to rain. I guess I just don't believe weather men. It POURED. The interstate was like a river. With semi's barreling through the surf. I'm not an especially calm traveler. More so in inclement weather. So by the time we floated into Slidell, I was ready to throw out my anchor. And we did. At the Hampton Inn. In retrospect, I wish we had gone on in and stayed the night in New Orleans, but that is water under the bridge. So to speak.

We got a room and I took a power stress nap. I get stressed...I sleep. My coping mechanism. When I woke up we went on into New Orleans and headed to my favorite place...Coops! Had a Mint Julep and Shrimp & Crawfish Étouffée. After the nap and the Mint Julep, my nerves settled down nicely. We had dessert and coffee at Café du Monde.

The rain all of a sudden became my friend. It settled all the crazy. And left soft sounds and wet streets. Lovely. Just lovely.













"I have been one acquainted with the night."
¸.•*´¨`♥ Robert Frost



"I have outwalked the furthest city light."
¸.•*´¨`♥ Robert Frost





1 comments:

BaysideLife Sunday, March 25, 2012  

I'm impressed you made it all the way to Slidel. I would have given up a whole lot sooner. I hate driving (or being a passenger)in conditions like that.

I knew when I read your title "a rainy night in New Orleans" your photos would be wonderful...and they are.

Post a Comment



Related Posts with Thumbnails
anniebluesky.•*♥. Get yours at bighugelabs.com

photography

Below is a list of photography resources broken up into assorted categories.


Subscribe to
SeaSide Sharon
Then Florida is at your fingertips.

Search This Blog

Followers

Sounds of the Ocean

Randomness

www.flickr.com

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP