3.11.2012

McGuire's St. Patrick's Day 5K Run

Debauchery. For 9am, there was a lot of it going on. Laughter. Dancing. Drinking. And, of course, running. This was my first time to go to the run. No...I did not run. I quietly photographed all the festivities about me. A sea of green. A sea of green tutus. I have never...never...seen so many tutus in one place. And all green. Green hats, shirts, shoes, pants, skin.

A huge turnout. Over 13,000 runners, and 50 states represented. Mind boggling for our little Pensacola.

It started with the McGuire's Pipe Band




It was sprinkled with green tutus and a variety of green knee socks.

Green hats...

Green wings...

Green ties and boas...

Fancy glittery face clovers...

More tutus...

And more tutus....

The McGuire's Bus...I wish I could of been on top to take some pictures!

These fellows shot the cannon and almost gave me a heart attack...I was right across the street from them!

Much stretching....

Mmm...green tutus....

Glam in a Swiss Miss-Bar Maid kinda way.

Lots of green hair.

Green cowboy hat, and the regulation green tutu.

Love the band. Love the kilts.

Yes. I love the kilts.

And I love the bagpipes.

On your mark...get set...GO!!!!

And it's on...

Here come the runners!

With green headbands and earrings.

Green Eltonish glasses.

And still more tutus.

Some sort of duct taped tin barrel. Revelance? I don't know.

Even the Irish-Mexicans were running.

Some sort of hillbilly theme.

Nice ties...

Creepy green man

I LOVE the Military guys...and there were LOTS of them!!!

Such a balanced, rhythmic flow to their run.

And they brought up the end.

See this ladies hand? She lifted her man's kilt to reveal the next shot...

I was laughing so hard.

5 comments:

Altax Monday, March 12, 2012  

Glad to see these pictures. Hope they all had a great time.

Saint Patrick’s Day

BaysideLife Monday, March 12, 2012  

I was amazed by the number of runners. Looks like everyone had fun. So, what's with the tutus?

Michael Saturday, February 02, 2013  

Sharon,
If you take photos of the McGuire's Pipe Band this year, would you mind sharing with us. I am Pipe Sergeant Michael of the MPB and we're always looking for interesting photos to add to our portfolio. You can contact me through Facebook via message to either Piper V or our McGuire's Pipe Band FB page. Thanks for taking great photos and thanks for your consideration! Cheers, "Piper V" (Michael Vazzana)

Michael Saturday, February 02, 2013  

Sharon,
If you take photos of the McGuire's Pipe Band this year, would you mind sharing with us. I am Pipe Sergeant Michael of the MPB and we're always looking for interesting photos to add to our portfolio. You can contact me through Facebook via message to either Piper V or our McGuire's Pipe Band FB page. Thanks for taking great photos and thanks for your consideration! Cheers, "Piper V" (Michael Vazzana)

Michael Saturday, February 02, 2013  

Piper V here from the McGuire's Pipe Band. Love your photos and would like to ask you to share some on Facebook. You can contact me via my page (Piper V) of through the band's FB Page McGuire's Pipe Band!
Thanks,
Piper V (Michael Vazzana)

Post a Comment



Related Posts with Thumbnails
anniebluesky.•*♥. Get yours at bighugelabs.com

photography

Below is a list of photography resources broken up into assorted categories.


Subscribe to
SeaSide Sharon
Then Florida is at your fingertips.

Search This Blog

Followers

Sounds of the Ocean

Randomness

www.flickr.com

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP