10.11.2009

Saturday Morning at an Antique Shop {Post 1 of 3}

I love looking through antique stores. Occasionally buy something, but rarely. (My last purchase in St. Augustine was a totally awesome enameled iron casserole in the most lovely seaglass green...oval with scalloped edges and small darker green flowery decoration around the edge. So lovely. Bonus: when watching Julie and Julia I saw other pieces like it in Julia Child's kitchen! I will take a picture of it someday and post it.)

This trip was a little strange. First shop I stopped at they all but stripped searched me. Then told me my camera was too large. Hmmm. Large. According to them if it was smaller or a phone camera, it would be ok, but they apparently have a fear that people swoop upon there precious store and take pictures of their items with large cameras then, gasp, sell said item on ebay!! HORRORS!! Think about it. I don't understand stupid. Needless to say I looked at them like they grew horns said a few choice words and turned and left after gathering my purse out of lockers provided because God only knows we could never never carry a purse in their antique shop. Can you tell I was a little peeved? Thank goodness at the next antique shop I got a cordial greeting and a sweet smile. Here are the beautiful items I saw...the first is a very old doll buggy. Sorta creepy. Then other times sorta sweet.

"Every child begins the world again...."
¸.•*´¨`♥ Henry David Thoreau



"What becomes of the broken-hearted? They buy shoes"
¸.•*´¨`♥ Mimi Pond



"Boy, he is great! Jeez, that old fat man. Look at the way he moves: like a dancer... And those fingers, them chubby fingers. That stroke... it's like he's, uh, like he's playin' the violin or somethin'. "
¸.•*´¨`♥ Fast Eddie - The Hustler (1961)




"Kids: they dance before they learn there is anything that isn't music."
¸.•*´¨`♥ William Stafford



{Continue to part 2...}

1 comments:

ANDWHATELSEISTHERE Sunday, November 01, 2009  

i'm always intrigued by your amazing photos. beyond words, really.

http://andwhatelseisthere.blogspot.com

Post a Comment



Related Posts with Thumbnails
anniebluesky.•*♥. Get yours at bighugelabs.com

photography

Below is a list of photography resources broken up into assorted categories.


Subscribe to
SeaSide Sharon
Then Florida is at your fingertips.

Search This Blog

Followers

Sounds of the Ocean

Randomness

www.flickr.com

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP