11.03.2008

23rd Annual Great Chowder Debate

Today was the day of the Great Chowder Debate. Lots and lots of food, fun and people. About 50 local restaurants set up stands and offered their take on the best chowder. Most stands had 2-3 varieties. Talk about creamy, warm, soothing goodness! All laced with different types of seafood...shrimp, lobster, crab, crayfish, conch. After buying a fistful of tickets, we set out a tastin'.

Here are some photos from the day, starting with a breath taking rainbow. I took Stinky Pete out for his morning outing. It was rather dark, the sun just starting to peek out...but stormy looking. I called him to come back in and he took a few steps and then stopped dead in his tracks and looked over his shoulder towards the sky. I stepped further out to see what had his attention. This is what I saw.

rainbow
Rainbow


Going on our way to the Chowder Debate, we passed Castillo de San Marcos. I have problems getting a good shot of this magnificant fort, but this one didn't turn out too bad. So, until I get a better one, this will have to do.

Castillo de San Marcos
Castillo de San Marcos


Santa Maria Resaturant
Santa Maria Resaturant


A1A Ale Works
A1A Ale Works


Next we crossed the Bridge of Lions and, as always, I take a shot of the progress of the construction.

Bridge Work
Bridge Work


Next stop was the 23rd Annual Great Chowder Debate. It was held on the water at The Conch House Marina. By the way...they had my favorite. As it turns out, it wasn't a chowder, it was a bisque which I traditionally don't care for. But, their Lobster Bisque is magic!

Wood Conch
Wood Conch


"Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men."

"Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men."
¸.•*´¨`♥ Gospel of Matthew


Chain
Chain


There was beer and more beer.If you got thirsty, they had you covered. Too bad I don't like beer, but it sure is purty :-)

Shock Top Beer
Shock Top Beer


"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
¸.•*´¨`♥ Benjamin Franklin


Painting Clown
Painting Clown


Painting the Girl
Painting the Girl


The crowd
A slice of the crowd


Chum Bucket
Chum Bucket


The Beard
The Beard


"Life's pretty good, and why wouldn't it be? I'm a pirate, after all."

"Life's pretty good, and why wouldn't it be? I'm a pirate, after all."
¸.•*´¨`♥ Johnny Depp

2 comments:

barefootnikki Monday, November 03, 2008  

Holy Mother. That last picture, the first guy... be still my heart!
Great shots all around. Looks like a fun crowd and you know i'm jealous of the chowder eating. Funny name too.. Great Chowder Debate... awesome.

Anonymous Monday, November 03, 2008  

Somehow I knew that you would love that pic!

Post a Comment



Related Posts with Thumbnails
anniebluesky.•*♥. Get yours at bighugelabs.com

photography

Below is a list of photography resources broken up into assorted categories.


Subscribe to
SeaSide Sharon
Then Florida is at your fingertips.

Search This Blog

Followers

Sounds of the Ocean

Randomness

www.flickr.com

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP