8.08.2008

A morning at Mickler's Landing

We finally were able to pull of a beach trip without dumping our water supply early in the game...meaning we stayed longer. It was a hot hot hot day. But the water felt wonderfully cold. The waves knocked me down more than once, much to the amusement of D. He was still laughing as I made my way back to the towel.

I walked down the beach to what I like to call the 'wild' beach. No people.

A little stretch of Heaven
The wild beach


Then you have the people end of the beach...

beach crowd
Beachy people



There were various beach items...

Beach parafanalia
Beach gear


DSC_5966
Sand dollar pieces


Beach chairs
Beach chairs


The beach goers...

hat gathering
Happy groups of women


photog
Other photographers


skim boarder boy
Skim boarders


Beach riders
Bicyclers


butterfly tatto
Those with tattoos


Lunch
Eating lunch


Beach Horse
Horses on beach


The kids...

Little boy
Serious business


DSC_5987
Playing in the sand


sassy
Sassy


sandcastle girl
Sandcastle girl


little girl in hat
Grandpa has the gear under control


Girl in pink
Pink girl


And finally, the beach hats...

reading in a hat
Reading


Horse rider
The horse's lady


DSC_5949
Minty green


blue hat
Blue hat reader


man in beach hat
A rare catch...a man in a beach hat


lollypop hat
Green lollypop


hat and no hat
With and without


cowboy and baseball hat
Cowboy and baseball


where's bumble
Where's Bumble? (this is for Nikki)

2 comments:

Margaret Cloud Sunday, August 24, 2008  

I love our beach and try to go in summer as much as possible, you have captured the essence of the beach, the only thing we can't ride bikes on ours, sand too soft, I like to sit in my chair and close my eyes and listen to the sounds around me.

Anonymous Sunday, August 24, 2008  

@Margaret Cloud, well, thank you! I try to get all the things happening as I see it. On some of our beaches, they let cars on. At first I didn't like it, but after a bit, you realize the benefits...don't have to carry all the beach gear.

Like you, I love the sounds of the ocean. Mesmerizing.

Post a Comment



Related Posts with Thumbnails
anniebluesky.•*♥. Get yours at bighugelabs.com

photography

Below is a list of photography resources broken up into assorted categories.


Subscribe to
SeaSide Sharon
Then Florida is at your fingertips.

Search This Blog

Followers

Sounds of the Ocean

Randomness

www.flickr.com

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP