6.03.2011

Beachness

Some beach images...most not real beachy, but taken on Pensacola Beach nonetheless. This morning we stopped by the cross on the beach. This was the first time I took a picture of it.

"We know that God is everywhere; but certainly we feel His presence most when His works are on the grandest scale spread before us..."
"We know that God is everywhere; but certainly we feel His presence most when His works are on the grandest scale spread before us..."
¸.•*´¨`♥ Charlotte BrontĂ« (Jane Eyre)



""


"He changed sunset into sunrise."
"He changed sunset into sunrise."
¸.•*´¨`♥ Clement of Alexandria

""


"I see myself sitting there alone, arms across my knees, staring into space. "
"I see myself sitting there alone, arms across my knees, staring into space. "
¸.•*´¨`♥ Mitch Albom (Tuesdays with Morrie)

"Van "100 Strangers" #25"
"Van "100 Strangers" #25"

I met Van Art (he said that is what people call him) on Pensacola Beach. I was across the street eating breakfast, and saw his van at the gas station. People were signing his van. So, it finally got the best of me and I gathered my camera and across the street I went.

That's how I made the acquaintance of Van Art. He has a mission...to spread the word about Male Breast Cancer Awareness. He wants to visit all the states in the Union, and eventually make his way to Hawaii...with his van. I wish him the best.

The next couple of pictures are from when friends from Illinois came to visit. We went to the beach...we went to Pegleg Pete's. Lots of fun. Lots! The first is Kyle and Catlin. I thought they looked so sweet here.

"Once upon a time there was a boy who loved a girl, and her laughter was a question he wanted to spend his whole life answering."
"Once upon a time there was a boy who loved a girl, and her laughter was a question he wanted to spend his whole life answering."
¸.•*´¨`♥ Nicole Krauss (The History of Love)

And this was a picture of Nikki Lee gazing out at the big beautiful Gulf of Mexico.

"There are days when solitude is a heady wine that intoxicates you with freedom..."
"There are days when solitude is a heady wine that intoxicates you with freedom..."
¸.•*´¨`♥ Colette (Oeuvres complètes en seize volumes)

3 comments:

BaysideLife Saturday, June 04, 2011  

That first photo of the cross with just a hint of a glow is awesome. I love the story about Van Art. Did you sign the van?

Sharon Pickering Sunday, June 05, 2011  

Thanks...and yes, I did sign his van!

Claudia Fabiana Friday, June 10, 2011  

Great pictures...I'm new to your blog.

ciao from Newport Beach

Post a Comment



Related Posts with Thumbnails
anniebluesky.•*♥. Get yours at bighugelabs.com

photography

Below is a list of photography resources broken up into assorted categories.


Subscribe to
SeaSide Sharon
Then Florida is at your fingertips.

Search This Blog

Followers

Sounds of the Ocean

Randomness

www.flickr.com

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP