5.10.2009

Pensacola Bound? {Part 1 of 6}

We took (another) trip to Pensacola/Gulf Breeze. We are considering moving there, so this was business mixed with pleasure. More pleasure. Less business. That is only if you consider looking at homes with a Realtor pleasure. The verdict is out on that one. But, even with a Realtor, I enjoy home looking. The trip is really too long. 6 hours from St. Augustine. By the time we got there, were were dragging.

The rockers
On the road...a stop at Cracker Barrel


One of the homes we are considering is in a lovely old neighborhood that is undergoing a transformation. East Hill. I think I could really love living there. It is old and new. Fixing the old. Renovation. Restoration. A very connected neighborhood. Parks. Bayou Texar. Shaded streets. Front porches. All that is what a home should be.

In this neighborhood is a sweet little bakery...Jay's. An institution. It closed a few years ago, but happily reopened soon after due to a united outcry from residents. We stopped there often due to my sugar cookie addiction. Stress related. The cookies were strictly medicinal.

"And I had but one penny in the world. Thou should’st have it to buy gingerbread."

"And I had but one penny in the world. Thou should’st have it to buy gingerbread."
¸.•*´¨`♥ William Shakespeare


"My name is Tre Cool, ....and i snort donut sprinkles,......kind of a sweet drain."

"My name is Tre Cool, ....and i snort donut sprinkles,......kind of a sweet drain."
¸.•*´¨`♥ Green Day


"I don't do drugs. I am drugs."

"I don't do drugs.  I am drugs."
¸.•*´¨`♥ Salvador Dali


“The grocery store is the great equalizer where mankind comes to grips with the facts of life like toilet tissue”

“The grocery store is the great equalizer where mankind comes to grips with the facts of life like toilet tissue”
¸.•*´¨`♥ Joseph Goldberg


{Continue to part 2...}

3 comments:

Avocaken Sunday, May 10, 2009  

Yours is one of my most favoritest blogs! :-) Such really neat, beautiful, thoughtfully composed pages of photos - I can't hardly wait for the next post(s).

Regards & THANK YOU
Ken B.

hillgrandmom Sunday, May 10, 2009  

where o where does Shakespeare say that?

annie Sunday, May 10, 2009  

@avocaken, thanks! glad you stop by.
@hillgrandmom, I have no idea!!

Post a Comment



Related Posts with Thumbnails
anniebluesky.•*♥. Get yours at bighugelabs.com

photography

Below is a list of photography resources broken up into assorted categories.


Subscribe to
SeaSide Sharon
Then Florida is at your fingertips.

Search This Blog

Followers

Archive

Sounds of the Ocean

Randomness

www.flickr.com

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP