8.24.2010

Stringrays by the pier

Off in the distance I saw them. Playing and swimming with such graceful movements in and out of the waves. I grabbed my camera and headed to the water's edge. And I took these images.


""







""




"Consider the subtleness of the sea; how its most dreaded creatures glide under water, unapparent for the most part, and treacherously hidden beneath the loveliest tints of azure."
"Consider the subtleness of the sea; how its most dreaded creatures glide under water, unapparent for the most part, and treacherously hidden beneath the loveliest tints of azure."
¸.•*´¨`♥ Herman Melville (Moby Dick)



""




""




""




""

3 comments:

PJ Thursday, August 26, 2010  

Another set of uplifting images. When were these taken?

Sharon Thursday, August 26, 2010  

Paula, I took them on June 20, 2010 with my Nikon D40 and my 55mm f/3.5 AI Micro lens.

hillgrandmom Tuesday, September 28, 2010  

What a serendipitous moment--a school of sting rays! I didn't realize they were brown.

Post a Comment



Related Posts with Thumbnails
anniebluesky.•*♥. Get yours at bighugelabs.com

photography

Below is a list of photography resources broken up into assorted categories.


Subscribe to
SeaSide Sharon
Then Florida is at your fingertips.

Search This Blog

Followers

Sounds of the Ocean

Randomness

www.flickr.com

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP